Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Beetbak Compilation Tape & Magazine


    Here at Bring That Beat Back, we have been quietly working on a compilation tape and magazine that will be sold on Bandcamp in upcoming months. The tape will feature a slew of artists who have been featured on the site, including BigMass of Massdog Music, Aki Kharmic.el, Syndrome & Vyrus of ThEX2, Bullysquad, Name Science, Napom and Marc the Murderah of First Brigade, Supherb, Jahli of Darkleaf, A.K.M. of Cypha 7, Imperator, Masters of the Universe alumni Bennie "Eclipse" Herron, Zombie619er, and Bomedybeats, and more.

    The magazine will contain all the interviews Jack and I have conducted on beetbak, plus a selection of write ups. The tape and magazine will be sold together as a bundle and all proceeds will be donated to Jean in the Front Row, who has been suffering from a condition called Stevens Johnson Syndrome since 2007. For more info, you can check out Imperator's documentary on Jean and her struggles here.

    Below is a sampler containing snippets of a handful of songs that will be featured on the tape. The full version of the tape will run just under 70 minutes with around 20 songs. Slated for a May/June release, further details will be posted here. Stay tuned.


9 comments:

  1. What A Trip !! I was looking up old gio / subtitle - 'ish on the web and I remember this blog from way back when - so I decide to come check you after years and you guys are still doing it !!

    Keep up the hard work - and this is WORK - You probably don't hear this enough - but thank you - I can't wait to hear the album and check out the mag.

    -EC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, thank you so much. I do sometimes feel like I'm doing this for about five people. You made my day.

      Delete
  2. That's AWESOME man... Although I'm Chinese lol I will let my friend in Cali help me out.

    You and Jack's work is EPIC, introducing me lotta great underground music, So much appreciation to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward that zine/ comp. props

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog has been my homepage for 7 years now, even though in recent times it takes alot of time to load (quantitative compliment). I am sure alot of people check the blog and read the interviews, they just don't comment because I think you kind of cover all the questions they might have had (qualitative compliment).
    So, even though we readers don't say "thank you" as often as we should, consider yourself on the radar of many
    ...treidoiunu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate compliments of any sort haha thank you! A very cool interview is going up in the next couple weeks - the last one, for a while at least - that I hope people enjoy.

      Delete
    2. Trei, you have been down from day one. It's an honor that you have us as your homepage. Thank you my friend.

      Delete