Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Peanut Gallery

Fucc Rappin'

Thank you once again, Cody, for hooking me up!  This time we have the legendary Chicago Chapter 1996 tape from Anacron's Peanut Gallery Network.  Atop of 4-track production and analog hiss rides a slew of young lyrical talent and seriously propulsive beats.  Perv One, Jahn the Baptist, Funsho, Astrobwoy, and several others join Anacron on crew cuts, freestyles, solo joints and interludes.  It's a truly accomplished and impressive effort, showcasing what a force of nature Anacron can be when he puts his mind to something.
The Peanut Gallery isn't a movement that I've spent a lot of time exploring, and the more I hear, the more I realize I have been missing out.  Well, 20 years still isn't too late, is it?  For all of you who are in the same boat, this is a perfect place to start.

PNTGLLRYNTWRK

No comments:

Post a Comment