Monday, April 29, 2013

More Notable Mentions



Classic Compilations From the Late '90's

These compilations from 1998-99 were also crucial pieces in my early underground collection.  Alien Nation, Afterlife, Living Legends, ATU, Beneath The Surface, Hieroglyphics,  Battle Axe, Black Love, and many, many others made their names known to me through these records.  Thanks to Meeee over at Record-Science for upping these originally - click the link below to find these plus many other dope compilations from the same era!

5 comments:

  1. I could also up "Cater To The DJ" but I think that you have already upped it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I'm wondering if it is possible to track down the CD version of the "Portrait Of A Ghetto Raised" compilation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I've never come across it on cd...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the tape version of portrait different? I can up it sometime if I can find the cd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be great! I think the difference is only the cleaner sound but tracklisting could be different, too.

    -meeee

    ReplyDelete