Friday, April 26, 2013

ElephanTracks

Sunshine, Beats and Rhymez

Back in the old days the compilation album was my primary means of discovering new artists.  Internet speeds were slow, and the 15-second 28-bit audio snippets the online webstores had to offer were useless when it came to sampling an artist's sound.  This was one of the many comps I picked up back then:  I recognized a couple names I liked, and a whole bunch I didn't recognize.  Here was my first introduction to The Mountain Bros, Eclipse 427, Zion I and many others, in the mix with a bunch of heads I already followed like Latyrx, Medusa and the Visionaries.  From the dark ages of 1999.

1 comment:

  1. hellyeah! this was always a dope album for its time, and still is.. I always wondered if Irie Sight or Stalagmytes ever put any other stuff out..? Thats one of the dopest tracks off this piece, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete