Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Off the Map...

Hello all, I just wanted to check in really quick and explain about my lack of posting for the past while.  I moved.  Yep, out of the Seattle area, out of the King County area, and out to the sticks.  I'm surrounded by woods now, acres and acres of it. This has been in the works for a while, as we decided long ago that my family and I can get more in touch with what is real and concrete in this environment.  Hopefully this is where my kids can grow up feeling a sense of communion and responsibility for the earth they walk on.  I'm going to miss city life tremendously, and Seattle is a city unlike any other, but I know this is the right step for me and mine.  So, the last month or two has been spent packing and finding a new job and generally slogging through all the sewage that goes with life upheavals.  The move happened last weekend, and I imagine for the next month or two we'll be unpacking and wondering why we (okay, I) own so much stupid crap.  I'll post ill treats when I can; I've got quite the backlog going now.  So stay with me, folks!

-JD

12 comments:

  1. this was a good decision. I think your children will have a much happier childhood there

    Peace, my friend

    ...321

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trei! The move has been interesting, but I can already tell my family will flourish here...

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with everything, in time it'll all make sense...Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's already starting to... Thank you!

      Delete
  3. ahah i just moved too, so I know the joy of packing & unpacking tons of stuff.... next life I'm unmaterialistic for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck to you in your new abode, brother!

      Delete
  4. Damn, bloggers on the run eatin. I'm making a temporary 4 month move tomorrow morning. Congrats on the move and the new lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bro! I hope your move went as smoothly as possible. Hopefully this is the last one I'll ever have to do - I'm done!

      Delete
  5. Congrats man! Your move sounds awesome, I am also thinking about entering into a CSA( Community-supported Agriculture ) project to support a better way of living on our planet. My grand-parents and my parents had a garden where they grew fruits and vegetables and it took me a long time to understand that it is not lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you definitely should join the CSA, my friend. We've joined something similar here - a farmer's co-op called Fresh Food Revolution. It's a great way to get non-GMO foods as well as connect to your community. Congratulations to you for even considering. It's a big step! :)

      Delete