Thursday, July 14, 2011

CMA

The Best

For all the Cali stuff I put up on this blog, the Living Legends has a pretty slim representation. So, here's some Living Legends: The 12" from the Grouch and PSC, collectively known as the CMA, from 1999. The album track "The Best" is provided with instrumental and vinyl only "Quiet Mix", along with "Why I Crew" featuring Pep Love from Hiero. I've always appreciated how encouraging the Living Legends, especially the Grouch, have been for young up-and-comers. He's always had the mindset that you can get something if you really try. He's like the Jimmy Cliff of Oakland. Pep Love is always ill on the mic. Good stuff from the classic era.

The Best 12  

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence that you posted this now. I found this nice 12" last week in a second hand shop with mostly furniture and clothes etc. and the few records they have is mainly mid 80's pop. I got it for less than a dollar. That was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dope 12", I have to admit that I sold all my Grouch CD's cause I got a bit bored by the way Grouch is rapping. But he has indeed some really good music especially the beats on the "Fuck The Dumb" album are killing.

    ReplyDelete