Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easty Boys and Hip Hop Kclan


While We're On The Subject...

I thought I'd wipe the digital dust off this one and stick it on up. Back around 2000 Afterlife Records made their big push to get out from under the weight of thankless cd-r peddling at shows and through online sites and go legit as an actual business. They started by releasing a couple mastered artist compilations commercially, on actual cd's with well-printed inserts and everything (the classic Declaration of an Independent and Welcome to the Afterlife). A few split twelves from those releases came out too, meant to showcase the many sides of the Afterlife sound. This 12" is one of them, featuring Hip Hop Kclan and Easty Boys. Both sides feature one track from the comps, plus an exclusive, vinyl-only track. Both exclusives are frankly a little lackluster compared to the album tracks, and the Kclan's track "Flowlife" has one of the goofiest hooks imaginable (although only the Kclan could actually make it endearing). "Don't Wanna Hear It" from the Easty Boys is a mid-tempo drum machine and synth bass number (that Afterlife sound) that allows ample space for their insane, machine-gun tongued deliveries. I can't believe this came out over a decade ago. Damn I feel old.

Easty Boys/Hip Hop Kclan

6 comments:

  1. I have the busdriver - legion 12" from afterlife

    It will take me a while to rip it though

    ...treidoiunu

    ReplyDelete
  2. good blog, i'm impress, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to hear that legion 12". there is very little out there from them, so anything is nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to hear that too! I thought I had the MP3's but I must have been mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes well it´s sitting on my shelf waiting for someone who has the necessary high-teck to rip it to mp3...I had a friend who could do that but he moved to Berlin....seems like everybody is moving to Berlin these days....sucks....as soon as I rip it I´ll post it though
    Peace

    ...treidoiunu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Afterlife - Legion/Busdriver split
    After almost 4 years since this request, I finally found someone who could digitalize the last remaining records I own that aren't out there anywhere. Sorry for the long waiting time Anonymous, but as a consolation I don't have a record player (and up until now didn't know anybody in my city who did) and have never heard the record myself (even though I own it for like 5 years), so I was very excited.
    The Legion tracks are tight. The guy who digitalized them for me said they were mono, but they play on both of my speakers...he couldn't do Busdriver's The Walking Dead Instrumental though, because the needle kept skipping, which is a bummer.I am still happy the Legion tracks made it. The tracks are allright for my ears. If someone else has a full & better quality rip, please post it. The tracks are in .wav format

    http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/kjunEnOh/file.html

    ...treidoiunu

    ReplyDelete