Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sounds of Armageddon

Ubiquitize Yo Earballs

Two of my favorite tracks of the era on one handy 12". This side features the phenomenal Medusa paired with producer extraordinaire Nobody on "Fiend and the Fix", with a slightly different vocal mix from the album track. The instrumental version really showcases the layers of sound Nobody used to create this dark swampy masterpiece. That side features the great, late Darkleaf with their appropriately named "Sounds of Armageddon". The apocalypse will be heralded by a mariachi band, no doubt. Abstract vocal and instrumental versions included. One of the best Ubiquity 12"s in my opinion.

Sounds/Fix

10 comments:

  1. There is also another cool Ubiquity record with Darkleaf's "Citizen" track on it. You probably don't have it, or do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. having some issues with the link... hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nvm I got it, your link is pointing to an invalid url...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Meeee, I have another Ubiquity Darkleaf, with Eclectic Storm, Contact and Space/Time

    It will probably take me awhile to rip it though
    Peace

    ...treidoiunu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, you are right. I totally forgot that the Darklead 12" is from Ubiquity too. Yeah it's also great, especially the DJ Design is a banger! I can also rip that if you want, trei.
    BTW trei, good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, if you can rip it it would be awesome...because I don´t have a functioning record player at the moment, and I haven´t heard the record ever....I just bought it a couple of months ago and keep staring at it...drives me insane

    ...treidoiunu

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is real dope thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you 4 this!

    more info:

    http://www.discogs.com/Nobody--Darkleaf-Fiend-And-The-Fix-Sounds-Of-The-Armageddon/release/349630

    ReplyDelete
  9. any chance this can be re-upped? looks like it was hosted on mega...

    ReplyDelete