Monday, November 22, 2010

Black Stax On KEXP


Silas Blak, Felicia Loud, Jace Ecaj

I can't wait to get my hands on Talking Buildings, the debut full-length from Seattle avant garde hip hoppers Black Stax. I have to admit I slept on it dropping last summer, and now I feel like I'm going to have to hunt high and low for a copy. But luckily for me there's a four-song live set you can stream over at kexp.org (or you can dl it at the bottom of this post). This set happened back in May at KEXP studios here in Seattle, and the tracks are everything I could have hoped for from these veterans. Silent Lambs Jace Ecaj and Silas Blak are as ominous and abstract as ever, and Felicia Loud's voice just keeps getting better and better. In my opinion no other NW group out right now can stand up to these giants. Have a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment