Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Evil Cow Burger

The Legendary Three Eyed Cowz
I think I'm going to run with the Shape Shifters theme for a while...
This tape has been circulating online for ever, but I have my reasons for posting it here anyway. For one, before this whole file sharing thing got out of hand, the Three Eyed Cowz tape was a coveted and much sought-after piece of west coast rareness. I remember feeling a deep, deep sorrow when I missed bidding on a copy that turned up on ee bay back in the day.
Another reason I'm posting this is because the version that's been circulating has a disclaimer saying that it's missing a handful of tracks. Well, the version I'm posting has those tracks - but before you get too excited, know that those tracks were always present on the online version, just tacked onto other tracks. All I've done is separate them. Also, these missing tracks are just vocal snippets from various folks, so no actual "songs".
However, the main reason I'm posting this is because it's just a great tape. It has everything you'd want in a classic underground album - rough beats and rhymes, posse cuts, tape hiss, and more tape hiss. The Shape Shifters of course represent, along with EX2, OMD, Tommy V of Imprints, Gasia of Acid Reign, Danu of the Visionaries, and Jizzm of Kali 9. Massive aka Mass Dog and Ab Rude also drop in on the afore-mentioned vocal snippets.
It's a shame that Awol never rereleased this, because people would have eaten it up. As it was, it dropped just before the whole LA Project Blowed explosion, so a lot of us missed out on it. So for those of you who haven't yet pulled this down, now's your chance!

The Evil Cow Burger

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a ton, homes! I've got something for you I'll be sending your way shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´m all ears :)

    321

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here you are: Imiuswe Aborigine - Lost Angels Found
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PKWWUVBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan you are amazing....I´ve been wanting to hear this for years....thanks a million man!!!!

    treidoiunu

    ReplyDelete