Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Afterlife Radio


The Show LA Underground Rap Fans Have Been Waiting For!

This early addition to the Afterlife Records catalogue is an actual radio program, complete with commercials, playlists, and interviews. I picked it up from P-Minus' online store back in the day, and as far as I know I'm the only guy who ever bothered. It's actually quite an interesting piece of nostalgia for me now, as it provided me with my initial exposure to the "Afterlife sound" typified by their home-made beats with the vocals and bass way up in the red. All the early Afterlifers represent with some of their best tracks, including CVE, Hip Hop Kclan, Legion, OMD, Cypha 7, Busdriver and Eastside Badstads. From the classic '98-99 era.

Afterlife Radio

1 comment:

  1. i also bought this back then, but nowadays these crappy cd-r's don't work no more. it's good you put it up, tho. can't remember if there was any exclusive songs in this..

    ReplyDelete