Friday, December 25, 2009

Future Crops In Mars' Dust

The Flood
I saw these guys play by chance, and I count myself lucky that I did. I happened to walk past a Capitol Hill art gallery on my way home from work one summer night, and I heard this great band coming from inside. It was vibrant and energetic and the emcees were tight. I stood and watched the end of their show, and continued to hang out while a spontaneous freestyle session evolved out of the proceedings. As the band was packing up, I stopped the bass player (Aaron Walker-Loud, I think) to thank him for an awesome show and to ask the band's name. The Flood, he said.
I remember them making quite a buzz around town for a while, and even showed up on a Seattle live album along with Abstract Rude. (I'd love to get a copy of that, if anyone has it - wink wink, nudge nudge). This is their way nice studio album from 2000.

The Flood

No comments:

Post a Comment